Thursday, December 6, 2018

Only TWO Weeks Away Columbus!

Meet Mary Mozes from Winnie's Treasures...
I am a business owner, and I created Winnie’s Treasures LLC because I have been a crafter my entire life and I wanted the opportunity to share my passion with others. I am a wife and a fur mama. My interests include running, cycling, yoga, and reading. I enjoy being busy! I have been crafting in one form or another for as long as I can remember. I decided to open Winnie’s Treasures LLC just this year.
This is my first show Avant-Garde show, and I am so excited! As I said, I have crafted for as long as I can remember. I made my first beaded crafts as a small child. I first learned how to sew as a stress reliever during school and when I started my career. I taught myself how to knit in high school because I was bored. I always crafted because I enjoyed it. I did not think it was anything 
special until my family started requesting for me to make them various things.
Ideas come to me at weird times. I can’t force it. I will be doing something totally different and then I’ll an overwhelming urge to create something.  I hope to continue to grow my business and become a more frequent presence at craft shows. I also hope to build my business through Etsy so that I can reach a wider audience. 

Meet Rachel Wayne from Mandarin Moon...
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Wayne, and I am the artist behind Mandarin Moon Jewelry. I am originally from Kentucky, but have lived in Ohio for over 12 years now, and am currently residing in Dublin. This is my first Avant-Garde show, and my very first art show ever, I am incredibly excited!
I have always been making things here and there my entire life, but finally found my passion for creating with metal and gemstones about a year ago and have been going full force ever since! I have a very deep love for the amazing gems that come out of our Earth, especially turquoise, which you will see a lot in my work. Those gemstones, in combination with my fascination of bending metal to my will with fire (although it fights back sometimes), inspire me to create different pieces of jewelry for others to adorn and express themselves with.
Each piece of jewelry is hand crafted by me every step of the way, from sourcing each gemstone to the final polish before it is packed lovingly into a gift box. It means more than anything to me to see someone wear my jewelry and feel great!

Meet Nicole Gersper from 3 Dogs and a Cat Sewing...
I learned how to sew as a child with my mom and my sister. I stopped sewing for a long time but just started up again in the past year and found my passion in making bags and zippered pouches.  I actually have 3 dogs (Bruce Wayne, Harley Davidson, Diana Prince) all lab mixes of some sort and a cat named Lucy.  Bruce is my supervisor and is usually sitting in my sewing room keeping me company.  My hubby is a comic book geek (hence the dogs names) and has had a big influence in my life.
This year will be my first Avant-Garde show and I'm looking forward to it! I like to make things that are pretty and make people smile. finding a great deal on something I think I can make something special out of makes me smile. When I got started I wanted to do something creative outside my technical day life. I also wanted something to keep my hands busy and out of the cookie jar and mind out of the television or my cell phone. 
My sister was a big influence. She sews a lot and shares with me and I need to see accomplishment in a short period of time which i can do with bags.  I shop for fabric a lot, and I find something special that I think will look good. I look at bag patterns and what others have made and get inspiration. In five years, My intent is to keep my business my side job. I love both my day job and my night job. I am interested in working in different fabrics and possibly getting into leather goods. The message behind my work is you can have something special and pretty and makes you smile but not cost a fortune or pay for the brand. 

Meet Ameerah Akram from Nontle Creations...
My name is Ameerah I'm a 28 yr old wife and mom of 3. Originally from Cleveland, OH but grew up in Atlanta, GA currently in Columbus, Oh. I am really into natural and holistic methods of healing which led me into my self taught artistry of now 5 yrs exploring entrepreneurship through art. I have yet to participate in Avant-Garde but heard great things about it and really excited about participating. My inspiration is in tune empowerment and healing first. I love watching my customers be intuitively led to their crystal jewelry it lets me know how beautifully the seen and unseen in connected. I make astrological pieces so many times people will first choose a stone from their sign before even knowing it's their sign. That is inspiring for me.
I started really being into crystals and exploring that world and buying tons I wanted to share that healing with others with beautiful unique Creations. I discovered my talent by jumping in head first I went to one jewelry making class and the rest was history. My gift had completely revealed itself. My creative process as a Cancer thrives in comfort and being home. I love my home I love the energy of it and when it's time to get started I'm normally relaxed and in a whole other creative world. In five years I see myself continually growing having a huge space where ppl can come receive a wide variety of natural healing with a garden,  massages,  crystal therapy,  herbal healing, reiki and beyond.

Meet Larry Maniccia from Larry Maniccia Photography...
I am new to the Columbus area. I moved here at the start of 2018 after living in Cleveland for the last 22 years. By day I am a business professional. While not at work I love to spend time hiking, taking pictures, and spending time with my wife and twelve year old son. I got started with photography in 2012 after seeing videos and blogs online about the subject. My interest and passion for the craft grew quickly as I got more involved with it and it’s now something I can’t imagine life without. My love for it stems from how different the process is compared to my day
job.
This will be my first Avant-Garde show, and I am excited to display my work and meet some of the attendees. I enjoy talking about the scenes I have captured and hope that my prints evoke emotion and inspire others to explore the outdoors. I love the process of exploring and finding new subjects to photograph. It’s a process that allows me to be creative. I also enjoy that it allows me
to share places with people that otherwise they may not be able to visit themselves.
I don’t know if discover is the right word; more like refine. When I first started with photography I wasn’t very good at it. Over time I have learned a lot both from trial and error, and through other photographers who were kind enough to share their knowledge. To me it’s essentially an adventure! There are times when I plan out what I want to go out and capture, while other times I go out with no predetermined plan and just improvise based on my surroundings. Both have their merits, and each presents its own challenge.


In five years my hope is that I can continue to develop my style and vision as an artist. Over time I would like to devote more time to it with the goal of someday doing it full time. The message behind my work is that the world around us is a beautiful place! Get out, explore, and enjoy it. Doing so will recharge your mind, body, and soul.




2018 Columbus Winter Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday December 16, 2018 - 10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5461 Center St.
Hilliard, OH 
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment