Friday, June 10, 2022

Meet the Talent! Columbus Summer 2022!

Meet Kaitlyn Pence from Sacred Space...

My name is Kaitlyn. I am 27 and have a beautiful husky. I’m from Columbus originally and moved to Florida a few years ago yet take summers to travel and come back to visit. I have always been creative and enjoyed learning new things so I have dabbled in quite a few different mediums. I started out doing photography in 2010 and it has always been a passion of mine, specifically nature photography. I've enjoyed painting since I was a kid and started playing with fluid acrylic art in 2018. I also started wire-wrapping in 2018 as a way of releasing stress and anxiety and fell in love with it, which you'll see is the majority of my inventory.
The pretty girl in the picture with me is my husky Nita, my favorite adventure partner. We love to travel and live in our van for extended periods of time, experiencing the beauty of the country and finding new inspiration everywhere we go!
.
I started wire wrapping in 2018 and have taken a few breaks in between for life and work but it always pulls me back in. My inspiration to do so stems from the beauty of nature and life; I find inspiration in anything and everything and love trying to push the edge and try new things with my craft. My creative process? There's not much to it. I usually pick a stone or crystal and look at it and just work with the flow and the vibe of the crystal. If I don’t like it when I finish it, I redo it! Each stone has a different meaning and helps with different things. The message behind each piece is peace. Each piece is meant to bring joy and beauty into your life. I can't wait to share my creations at my first ever Avant-Garde show! 

Meet Jodi Kellish from K3 Art With Heart LLC...

I’ve been drawing for as long as I can remember. I have a very artistic family, with my twin sister leading the way. Painting has become my newest love in the past few years, and I find it therapeutic for not only myself, but those who purchase and display my artwork to remind them of precious memories. This is my very first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show and I am thrilled to be a part of such an amazing event! The fact that a portion of the proceeds go to Pets Without Parents makes me even more grateful. Most of my paintings focus on our very own fur babies. Inspiration for me comes from my Grandfather who was the biggest animal lover I have ever known. Growing up, we always looked forward to the dog shows on TV. He has passed on this love to our family. 

I got into crafting through my personal struggle with anxiety. Somehow channeling that into artwork has helped me to overcome even the worst of days. Crafting runs in our blood. My niece also paints and is phenomenal! My oldest daughter paints and creates amazing charcoal work, and she will be with me at this amazing event. Unexpectedly, I discovered my talent in 6th grade, we had a competition to design a book cover for our classroom door. I recognized that I had created something so special, and I don’t think I knew I had that in me! From winning that competition to drawing as a hobby, I grew into my love of both drawing and painting. I see inspiration everywhere I go. I think like other artists, you tend to notice things like colors, shades and lighting in the world around you. Once Insee this, I am inspired to go home and recreate it. Sometimes raw creativity outweighs looking at a picture as reference, and those are my favorite of moments. 
K3 Art With Heart is now an LLC. In the future, I look to open a studio to share my work and also showcase local artists with the same love.Just as the name says, it’s Art with Heart. Every piece has meaning attached to it. The K3 logo is dedicated to my 3 beautiful children who support me every step of the way.

Meet Jadelynn Gillispie from The Vibrant Jade Dragon...

Hello! My name is Jadelynn and I’m the creator of The Vibrant Jade Dragon. Jewelry making is my newest hobby but I enjoy doing anything that involves making art, being outside and camping. 

I recently started making jewelry but I’ve always been into stones and crystals and all the benefits they have. I use them in my everyday life to help with any strong emotions I might have, for meditation and just helping myself to relax after a long day. My goal with my jewelry is to help people get touch with their self and to share any knowledge I have to anyone 
who is interested. 

I got into crafting because my mom. She always had a new project she was working on and seeing all the cool things she would make really made me want to try and make things on my own. 

I would describe my creative process as energetic. Once I start it’s hard to stop because I start imagining the next piece I’m going to make and all the ways the stones are going to work together and work with you! 

This will be my first craft show ever so I’m very excited and looking forward to meeting new people and seeing all the amazing stuff the other creators have made!  



2022 COLUMBUS SUMMER AVANT-GARDE ART & CRAFT SHOW

Sunday, June 12th 2022
10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St. 
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment