Thursday, June 9, 2022

It's Show Week in Columbus!

Meet Jacqueline and Jocelyn from JS2andCo... 

I am Jacqueline and I co-owned JS2andCo with my sister Jocelyn. We started this venture from the need to find financial independence and hopefully change our families lives for years to come. We started our business, September of 2021 and have been loving it every step of the way. This is going to be our first Avant-Garde Art and Craft Show and we are beyond excited!

I got into my crafting hobby after I was diagnosed with tongue cancer in 2020. After I had my surgery in April of 2021, I was looking for something I could do that would give me joy. So browsing on social media while recovering from my surgery I started seeing so many people doing heat transfer vinyl on shirts. I got so intrigued with it and discovered that I could do that. So I got on my laptop and started researching and brainstorming ideas with my sister and that is how JS2andCo got started. 

I am inspired to create different designs through life experiences, things I see around me that make sense for me and that I would love to have. Our motto is "if I don't like it or use it won't be created". We love to give our customers creations that come from the heart.
I would describe my creative process in a few steps. I start by thinking about what it is that my customer wants. I then do research online about what it is trending and then I discuss it with my sister. If we like it enough that we would wear it or buy it, then we get on it by figuring out how to put our own spin on it. A lot of trial and error, but the end result is what matters. I like to think of the message behind my clothing as simplistic, comfortable, and unique.

My main goal for the future is to be working on JS2andCo full time. 


Meet Alex Clark and Casey from AlexmClarkart...

Casey and Alex are a local central Ohio writing and illustrating team, currently with two children's books, Cora and the Moon & When I Grow Up. They are two creative Dads who met while working at McGraw-Hill Education and have been inseparable since.

Alex has been illustrating children's books since 2011 but has been drawing since he was a kid. Alex has been drawing since he was a child and his parents encouraged him to keep drawing. His elementary art teacher truly saw his talents and guided him towards a future career in the arts. Cora and the Moon is Casey's second children's book with Alex.

We're both creatives at heart so it is part of our DNA. Children's books are so important to kids and we are blessed to bring that joy to children.

We would describe our creative process as controlled chaos! With full time jobs, we have to find the time to create our stories so the creativity comes in bursts between family priorities and life. 

This will be our first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show and we are so excited! 

For our future, We have a few more story ideas in the works and hopefully a Cora series. Each book has taken us 2-3 years to create so we will see where we are in 5 years. 


Meet Evan Edmiston from Hunter Design Company...

Hunter Design Company was established in 2018 but I have been woodworking since 2015.  Many of my pieces were inspired by my hobbies and interests. An example of this is my ocean art work. This work was inspired by my trips to Maui. My poker pieces come from playing cards and my bullet tables come from my hunting hobby.


I started woodworking when I needed a sound diffuser for my recording studio. I bought the tools and the wood, built the piece and then started just building more things as I needed them. I realized I enjoyed working with my hands and started seeing what I could make and eventually turned it into a business. This in mind, I wouldn’t say it was discovered as much as it was honed. Woodworking is easy. Fine woodworking and making pieces that will last generations is a trial by error skill developed over years and is a continuous learning experience.
Even though it sounds a bit hippy, I like to describe my creative process by letting the wood tell me what it wants to be. As you clean up the wood and start to see it’s character, you can tell what it’s purpose will be.

As long as people like my pieces and enjoy them I’ll keep making them. As long as I have a passion for what I do, I’ll keep doing it. The passion translates to your work. If you are not passionate about what you do it shows.

Meet Debbie Rubenstein from from 4 Dog Loves... 

A little bit about myself and my company... I have been and currently am a High Risk OB Sonographer with Ohiohealth Maternal Fetal Medicine on a full time basis for the past 20+ years. In my spare time, I started making fresh dog treats for our one pup, Bagel.  He had a chicken intolerance so it forced my husband and myself to find alternatives for his treats. We originally started with one recipe, Peanut Butter Pumpkin treats that were also shared within our neighborhood with all of his friends. We did this for 9 years and everyone suggested that we open a doggie treat bakery. In July 2021, we decided to expand and created our little business 4 Dog Loves - Homemade Treats / Bakery. We bake everything out of our house and everything is made as ordered to help maintain freshness.

This coming July will mark one year since starting 4 Dog Loves! We are so excited to take in our one year by attending our first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show.

Dogs have always been my inspiration to create. Having fresh treats for dogs is something I love being able to do. I enjoy doing it and I especially enjoy making the cakes. I keep my prices low too, we believe in being price conscious in today’s economy. I always ask my customers to please send me a photo of their dogs eating their cakes. I love to see them enjoying them.
I got into my craft when I had a dog of my own who was unable to eat any chicken product. This didn't leave many name brand treats for them to eat. By creating my product, I was able to make treats suitable for them. They love to be my taste testers when I start the process of a new recipe or type of treat!

The message behind my work is Every dog deserves to be spoiled a little with good fresh homemade treats for being good. They also deserve to have their special days like birthdays or “gotcha’ days” celebrated.



2022 COLUMBUS SUMMER AVANT-GARDE ART & CRAFT SHOW

Sunday, June 12th 2022
10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St. 
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment