Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Possums and Pups! 3 out of 5!


Meet Jamie Gregory from Howling Husky Bakery...
I've been an animal lover for as long as I can remember. In fact, I was surrounded by a constant menagerie of pets throughout my childhood including dogs, cats, rabbits, sheep, goats, and horses. My interest in animals and agriculture led me to become very active in 4-H and FFA. My experiences in these organizations encouraged me to attend The Ohio State University and pursue a career in Agricultural Education. I am currently a high school Agricultural Science teacher and FFA advisor in central Ohio. 

I'm so excited to share my love for animals and baking by opening Howling Husky Bakery as a side business. I hope that my products will enable others to express their love for their furry friends also!

I was definitely born with an entrepreneurial spirit and I've always dreamed of having my own business. After exploring many different creative endeavors, I've discovered my true fit with starting a home-based pet bakery business. Howling Husky Bakery was officially launched on Etsy on January 25, 2013. 

This will be my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show! I'm very excited to participate in this great show!

I am somewhat creative and artistic by nature. However, I often need to find inspiration to help me bring my own creative thoughts to the surface. Some of my favorite sources for inspiration include: Pinterest, Etsy, art, music and other media, brainstorming with other creative individuals, and observing the world around me.  
I've always loved creating, learning about, and viewing arts and crafts. I constantly yearn for opportunities to express my creativity in various ways (drawing, writing, sewing, cooking/baking, etc). When I was in college I started seeking ways that I could share my creativity with others which eventually led me to Etsy and the creation of Howling Husky Bakery!

I've always wanted to start my own business, it was just a matter of figuring out the "who, what, when, where, how, and why". Within the last year my husband and I have tried to focus on eating fresh minimally processed food. Recently, it dawned on me that I could provide the same type of nutritional quality to my dog by making him homemade dog treats. Howling Husky Bakery has enabled me to combine my love for animals with the ability to provide them with wholesome, all-natural, homemade treats. 

My creative process is actually pretty simple. First, I research ideas for recipes, making sure to avoid any ingredients that are harmful for dogs. Then, I gather up all of the ingredients that I need and the baking begins. Making dog treats is a very comfortable and even relaxing process for me since I work in my own kitchen and I usually have some good music playing (Mumford & Sons and the like). Each time that I develop a new recipe, its taste-tested by my own Siberian Husky named Siqua and has to earn his "tail wag of approval" before it is sold to any customers. Finally, the treats are bagged, labeled, and ready to be enjoyed!
The thing I love about creating handmade unique items is knowing that someone appreciates your items (that you have created with your own two hands) enough to buy them. Also, knowing that someone somewhere is enjoying life a little bit more because of your item is an amazing feeling. 

The message behind my work is that our pets, unlike some people, love us unconditionally. Why not return that love for your pet by providing them with wholesome, all-natural, homemade treats?

Meet J. Bird Cremeans from Antique Pet Photos...

My name is J.Bird (yes "J.Bird") Cremeans. I'm from lovely West Virginia and have wanted to be an artist all of my life.


I've been making the Antique Pet Photos for a little over a year. Like everything else I've found success in I started it as a joke and it went extremely well!

I get my creativity from my sense of humor and love of animals. I love pop culture and comedy/horror/action movies and quirky TV shows. 

I've been drawing for as long as I can remember and had wonderful and encouraging art teachers along the way. The thought of being an artist for a living always intrigued me.
I decide I wanted to start my own business because I love working for myself and wanted to see my art in stores and on people's walls.

When it comes to my creative process I describe it as "lot's of time with Photoshop"!

My favorite thing about creating my portraits is seeing people's expressions when they see what I make. The message behind my work is d
on't take things so seriously! I make art that is meant to be fun.

                                                     

2013 Columbus February Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, February 16th 2013, 11:00am-5:00pm
St. Agatha's Parish Hall
1860 Northam Rd
Columbus, OH 43221
For more information, contact Becki Cooper, Event Coordinator at info@avantgardeshows.com
Visit us on:


No comments:

Post a Comment