Thursday, February 14, 2013

3 of 4! Artists that Keep You Colorful!

Meet Emily Hoffman from Mommy's "Free Time"...

My name is Emily Hoffman; I am a stay-at-home mother of 2 beautiful children, a 2 yr old daughter and a 7 month old son.  I enjoy spending my "Free Time" working on crafts, baking, and planning events.  I have a strong love for the outdoors, animals and my family.
I've been doing crafts as far back as I can remember, however, I I just began selling my items in December of 2012.
I get my creativity from my mom!  She always had arts and crafts for me to work on when I was a child and it all just stuck with me!

As a stay-at-home-mommy, I felt like I wanted to contribute to the family financially but I didn't want to leave my kids and take on a full-time position somewhere.  'Mommy's "Free Time"' has allowed me to continue staying home with my precious babies and also be a part of financially providing for my family.
Handmade comes from the heart! I put a lot of heart into what I do and I enjoy watching others enjoy my products. The message behind my work is: Family. Love. Support.

Find me on Facebook!  I like to do giveaways :)

Meet Bethany Mitchell from Ladybug Designs...
I'm a single mom to a wonderful 4-year old little girl! I got into creating handmade items as a way to relieve the stress of everyday life and distract myself for a few hours. Once I really got into it, I realized very quickly that not only did I love creating things, those around me began asking for me to create things for them and thus Ladybug Designs was born! I have been creating for about 18 months now.

I get my creativity from the necessity of life. I will often look around my home and think, I want a throw pillow here or a wreath on that door and the idea explodes from there. Pinterest has become my go-to for inspiration as well, that site is an absolute gift to the world of designers and crafters!
I first got into the craft hobby while traveling for work in Salt Lake City. I met a woman there that taught me how to make paracord bracelets.  I was fascinated by what I could create with my own hands.

My friends and family were constantly asking where I bought a skirt, bracelet, pillow, wreath, etc. When they realized that all of these items were coming from my own two hands, starting the business was a necessity to fulfill the wants of those around me.
My creative process is simple. Much like the movie line from Field of Dreams: "build it and they will come", I think "make it and they will buy." I can be inspired by nearly anything...once I'm inspired I HAVE to act creatively on it.

The thing I enjoy most about creating unique items is just that: they are unique items. I love making and selling paracord items the most because I love hearing "I've never seen something like this before!"

My message is simply that life is more beautiful with a handmade item in it! I love store bought items as much as the next person but a handmade item carries meaning with it that a store bought item never will.
                                                     

2013 Columbus February Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, February 16th 2013, 11:00am-5:00pm
St. Agatha's Parish Hall
1860 Northam Rd
Columbus, OH 43221
For more information, contact Becki Cooper, Event Coordinator at info@avantgardeshows.com
Visit us on:


No comments:

Post a Comment