Tuesday, March 21, 2023

It's Show Week!

Meet Aleece of Aleece's Sweets and Pastries...

Hello! My name is Aleece, I’m a 35 year old Ohio girl! I love making desserts, collecting Hello Kitty items, and playing dance video games! 

My desire to make desserts began about 2011. When I worked at the massive Chase office in Polaris, I used to bake unusual sweets for my coworker pals! They said my pastries were delicious and that I should sell them! Fast forward to around 2018, and my first vendor event was held in New Albany, Ohio!

This is my first time participating in the Avant-Garde Art & Craft Fair, and I'm quite enthusiastic about it! When tastes that complement each other allow me to make delicious treats, I am inspired to create. Things that are unusual and unique motivate me to create distinct tastes! By combining various materials, this hobby appeared to flow effortlessly to me!

I believe I found my gift about 2011, when my coworkers raved about my treats! My creative approach consists of jotting down all of my delectable dessert ideas and thoughts! Always grateful for Pinterest! To summarize, it would be incredible in 5 years to have a mini food truck to travel all over Ohio and other states! What I want everyone to understand is that my message is one of happiness! Desserts make people happy, and that makes me smile! Blessing tastebuds!

Introducing Sara from Thee Bun Buddies...

Hi! I (Sara) am the owner of The Bun Buddies. I carry out all the business functions except for tech support and advisory. I love all animals, there’s just something about a bunny’s quirks that win me over. 

The Bun Buddies was founded in October of 2021 and has been a success ever since. This will be my first time vending at the Avant-Garde Art & Craft Exhibition, and I am beyond excited! My motivation comes from the fulfillment of seeing my ideas come to reality. It's a lovely sensation to touch something I made, and it's even more magical to witness how excited people are when holding my works.

I’ve always been crafter, so it came easily to me! A few years ago I made friends with other online sellers and knew I wanted to do the same; I just didn’t figure out what I wanted to sell right away. I discovered my talent by starting my graphic design journey in high school. I minored in Game Art in college; during which, I learned how to create digital 3D designs. I also picked up how to 3D print my designs along the way. My creative process entails brainstorming, research, and sketch before making any sort of rough draft.

In 5 years, I intend to expand my company to additional pets and maybe legendary creatures—all while supporting house rabbit advocacy campaigns. I also wish to diversify my product offerings! My message is that bunnies are friends. They should not be treated any less.

Getting to know "Artful Muva" aka Emily Thompson...

Emily Thompson, aka the ArtfulMuva, is my name. I'm married, a mother, and I adore drawing and cutting out silhouettes.

I've been painting my entire life, and for the past 10 years, I've also been instructing adults and kids in art. Since 2002, when I had my first gallery exhibition, I have painted both on my own initiative and for clients.

My kids and travel are my sources of inspiration. Lastly, I want people to perceive the lovely glow of life in my paintings!

Meet Stacy Piper from Middle School Chaos...

Hello all! My name is Stacy and I love paper crafting. Once my children were born, I first started scrapbooking. I've worked with a variety of materials over the last 23 years, but I keep coming back to paper crafting because I find it to be a much-needed stress reliever from my middle school classroom.

I adore making layered shadow boxes for other people, and I get inspiration from the excitement on their faces when they see my work. I enjoy making things that are either personal to me or have significance for other people.

In a few weeks, I'll be vending at my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Fair, and I can't wait to meet everyone there.

Meeting Liz of Wildflower & Flora...

Hi there, I'm a nature lover and Ohio flower enthusiast who has been creating one-of-a-kind pieces for the past five years. I'm passionate about spreading joy through my work and finding inspiration in the beauty of nature and humanity.

Although I haven't participated in any of the Avant-Garde Art & Craft Shows previously, this show will be my first. My love for nature and hiking led me to foraging and eventually discovering my talent for creating unique pieces. My creative process is one that is ever-evolving. I enjoy creating as I go and find that being present during the creation of each piece stimulates my creativity.

In the next five years, I see myself traveling to different art shows and selling my work. My ultimate goal is to spread the message behind my work, which is to stop and see the beauty in the small things. From flowers to moss and mushrooms, we have so much beauty around us if we just slow down and take the time to appreciate it. I hope my work inspires others to wonder like a child and see the world in a new and beautiful light.

Introducing crafter, Jose Castanon...

I'm Jose Castanon, originally from East LA. As a child, I loved to create things, from birdhouses to wrestling championships made out of cardboard. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, and although I've used different mediums over the years, my favorite is spray paint.

I sold paintings in my late teens, but put my passion on hold to pursue college and a career. Recently, I've returned to painting, and it has been a couple of months since I picked up a brush again. I am excited to participate in my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show.

My inspiration comes from thoughts and images that come to my mind. My creative process is a vision of a painting, and I take a picture of my subject to reimagine it with whatever medium I am using on that specific piece. I hope to develop my talent further and become a full-time artist in the future, and perhaps showcase my work in art galleries.

The message behind my work is that beauty is subjective, and everything can be interpreted in a million different ways. I hope my art inspires others to see things in their own unique and beautiful way.


Get ready to meet Kaeyanna Featherstone from Kaeway Love...

Hey there! My name is Kaeyanna, but most people call me K. I was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio, with a big, supportive family. Growing up, my grandpa was a big inspiration to me. He showed me that we're not limited to doing just one thing in this world and encouraged me to strive for greatness.
After graduating high school in 2016, I went to college in West Virginia, but it didn't work out. I eventually returned to Columbus to study dentistry and have been working in the field for almost six years. On the side, I've always had a passion for fashion and started making bonnets almost two years ago. Sewing them has become a therapeutic outlet for me.
I've participated in a few events in Columbus, but the upcoming Avant Garden Show will be my first time showcasing my work there. What inspires me to create bonnets is the ability to mix and match vibrant colors and patterns to create something truly unique. And not only are they cute, but they're also super comfortable and stay put all night long.

In the future, I see myself marketing my bonnets in multiple stores and collaborating with my cousin, who owns PureEliteHair and specializes in sewing wigs. Together, we hope to have stores and salons selling our products.
Ultimately, the message behind my work is about standing out in the crowd and expressing oneself. As someone who is usually quiet and reserved, my bonnets allow me to showcase my personality in a bold and unique way.


2023 Columbus Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday March 26, 2023
10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St.
Hilliard, OH 43026
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment