Wednesday, March 4, 2020

T-Minus Three Days Until Show Day!

Meet Jon Blake from Jon Blake's Stuff...
Hi I am Jon Blake. I grew up playing in the woods and ravines of Columbus. After being a carpenter for 40 years I spent two years building 95 little free libraries. That led to a new love of reading, especially old classics. "The Leatherstocking Tales" renewed my love of the woods.
                                            
Two years ago, I transitioned into making forest themed sculptures from recycled fencing. I decided to combine my love of the outdoors, folk art, and repurposing. As I progress, things become more whimsical. I hope to bring people to see and appreciate the trees and forests around us.


Meet Sarah Hall of The Happy Lab Wax Shop...
Hello, my name is Sarah Hall! The two main hats I wear are those of oncology nurse and mom. My family and I have lived in Hilliard since 2012, and we love it here!  When I'm not working, my number one priority is family.  I enjoy spending time outdoors, reading, and creating.  

This is my first craft show and I'm so looking forward to it. I started creating organic skin care products out of a need to know exactly what I was putting on my body.  I realized I couldn't pronounce many of the ingredients in the lotions, lip balms, creams, and perfumes I was using, but I did know that many of them were toxic and even carcinogenic.  
I was also tired of spending money on products that didn't help my extremely dry skin, cracking feet, and unhealthy sleep habits.  I did a lot of research and recipe testing in my kitchen and hence came my hand poured products.  I hope that by using organic, high quality ingredients, other people struggling with skin issues will find the relief I have found and have peace of mind knowing the products I've made are beneficial to their bodies. 
I hope to continue growing my business and creating more skin care products that will provide people with a better quality of life and more confidence.  I believe that we deserve better than what the larger businesses offer us and thus I use organic materials that are free of dyes, parabens, synthetics, endocrine disrupting hormones, pesticides and GMOs. I am proud of these products and it is my hope that my buyers will love using them as much as I have loved creating them.

2020 Columbus Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, March 7, 2020
10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St.
Hilliard, OH 43026
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:



No comments:

Post a Comment