Tuesday, March 3, 2020

It's Show Week Columbus!

Meet Trina Richardson from TAL and Accessories...
Hi I'm Trina Renee Richardson. I will be 63 on March 7th. I've been married for 33 years to a great guy Marvin. We have two beautiful young ladies Marnee 32, and Tylerr 29. I was a hairstylist for 42 years which I considered a form of art. I be came ill with CML (Leukemia) and other illness in 2012. I retired in 2015, which I was not ready to do. I have always loved crafts. 
After retiring, I started to realize how beautiful trees and flowers are that God made. Then I stumbled on the beaded trees and flowers as a craft. I kept working at them until I found my own creative design!' Ive been enjoying this for 4 years now as a hobby.
This is my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show. I am so excited!I have always been into art since I was little child, crafting all the time. After retiring, crafts helped me relax and get into my own little world! When I can't sleep, I lay there thinking of what I can create and how I will put my own unique spin on it. I also realize that they can relieve stress! I also started making magnets with clay and beads. I make the bark of the trees with clay, and paint them.  I also paint some of the the vases and trays. In addition, I also make the benches.

It is my hope that my creation of trees and the inspirational words that I add on them will inspire and give people hope.I would love to continue  to create, sell, and have some unique designs of mine in art shows.

Meet Ellen Patrie from Schatzi Studio LLC...
My husband, Stephen, and I are the owners of Schatzi Studio LLC. We live in Worthington, Ohio and between us we have two sons and two daughters. I am a graduate of the Columbus College of Art and Design, with a BFA in fine art. My husband, Stephen, is a graduate of SUNY Plattsburgh with a BA in Creative Writing. I design and create French Beaded Flower arrangements for your home or wedding. Stephen manages our website and is involved with product development. In addition to running our business, we enjoy spending time with family, nature photography, visiting museums and seeing live music. 
 I credit my mother and grandmother as my inspiration to create. As a young child, I observed my mother sewing our clothes out of necessity. I was intrigued at a young age that simple materials could be transformed into something beautiful and useful. My grandmother moved from Hungary to Chicago to escape the Holocaust. There, she worked in her aunt’s tailoring shop doing beautiful embroidery on linens for elite of Chicago. My grandmother always had beautiful handmade embroidered tapestries in her home. As I got older, I learned more about the struggles my mother and grandmother went through in their early years and how creating things helped their economic outlook. I was encouraged to pursue my dream of owning my own business selling handcrafted art. 
This is an art form that began in France and Italy hundreds of years ago. Women would create these flowers from left over beads either for memorial wreaths, hair accessories or as floral arrangements in their home. I learned how to make French Beaded Flowers about twenty years ago. I was inspired by a picture frame I saw at an antique store that was embellished with them. I thought I could make a few flower pieces to make use of my left over seed beads from my jewelry projects. I discovered my talent for art of French Beaded flowers when my friends and family admired my work and thought my creations were real and requested to buy them for their homes. My husband and I photograph interesting flowers and foliage we see to determine the shape and color of our designs. 

I would love to have a brick and mortar French Beaded Flower shop in the future. I envision a creative space that offers classes and supplies, in addition to having French beaded flower stems and arrangements. I want others to enjoy and learn about the exquisite art of French Beaded flowers. Our work can be seen on our Creations Gallery page on our website. www.schatzistudio.com.

Meet Dixie Vargo from Beloved Servant Nature Photography...
Hello, my name is Dixie Vargo from Beloved Servant Nature Photography. I am a monk, a vowed member of The Order of Sustainable Faith, and the monastic expression of the Vineyard movement. I am 51 years old and live in Columbus, Ohio with my husband, Ernie, and our Shetland Sheepdog, Annie. I work full time for a pharmaceutical wholesaler and volunteer in my local community as a Certified Wellness Inventory Facilitator. Beloved Servant is my American Indian name, which was given to me by a native pastor when I was in my 20s. I have American Indian ancestry on both sides of my family.

I started nature photography as a hobby when I was in my teens, so about 35 years ago. When I was a teenager, my parents bought me a 110 camera, the popular shoot and click camera of the time. Throughout the years I have used different photographic tools - 35 mm, digital camera, and now an iPhone 7. I really like taking pictures with my iPhone because it is always with me and I like finding little bits of nature in unexpected places.
My parents were the first ones to encourage my talent in photography. My first photo shoot was after an ice storm on our farm. I took a picture of my parents' farm from the hill above through ice-encased branches and they used that picture for their Christmas cards that year.
Nature is my ultimate source of calm. It asks nothing of me and gives me great joy. Time in nature provides me with everything I need to stay grounded, and feel at peace. It keeps me connected to the earth, the cosmos, and to experience the presence of the Creator of all beautiful things. Most of my photography blends nature and macro photography styles. When I am on a shoot I look for color and textures that catches my eye. When I see something, I then look at it closely to figure out what about it most fascinates me most. Then I am able to focus on that and snap the picture. Most of my pictures are of things in nature that many people walk by, completely oblivious to the hidden beauty there. My desire is to open up your eyes so that you can begin to see the world around you, slow down, and notice the way creation speaks to you. Many of the things I photograph are not overtly beautiful, but when you lean in close, you begin to see beauty hidden deep within that small piece of the earth.

Meet Jason King from JK Candle Company...
Hi, my name is Jason King. I am from Hilliard, OH and I recently left the corporate world to pursue my dreams of starting my own business. I was so miserable everyday going to a place where I did not feel valued and I felt like I was wasting my life. So I took a leap of faith and decided to bet on myself as a small business owner. I have been making candles and wax melts for just over 3 months now. My hopes are that in 5 years I will have grown JK Candle Company into a sustainable business that can help support me and my family.
The message behind my work is simple. I want to make a candle that anyone could feel good about burning. So I only make my candles and wax melts with 100% soy wax that is produced by American soybean farmers. Additionally, I use cotton wicks and all of my candles and wax melts are free of dyes and harmful chemicals. It inspires me to create something that can transport your mind back to different points in your life. Smells invoke memories and feelings of nostalgia and my goal is to guide your mind back to a treasured time in your life.
A little while back, I ordered a do-it-yourself candle kit and from there forward, I was hooked. I was having a blast working with different fragrances, waxes and designing labels and starting to create a brand. I have never thought of myself as being very creative, especially in comparison to my wife and two girls, who are all extremely creative. However, once I started making candles, I felt like I unlocked a creative part of myself that I never knew I had.  From there I went on to create and design my business and website, jkcandlecompany.com

This will be my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft show and I am so excited to be a part of it!


2020 Columbus Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, March 7, 2020
10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St.
Hilliard, OH 43026
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment