Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Spring has Sprung in Hilliard!

Meet Nina Goulet of The Lonley Trinket...
My name is Nina! I'm a student entrepreneur and artist based in Columbus. Ohio.  I love creating things specifically; art, jewelry, and photography.  I have been making jewelry for a few years now, but I recently just started selling it.
This will be my first Avant-Garde show!

What inspires me to create? Nature and other people inspire me. I want to express creativity, beauty, and uniqueness in my jewelry. 

How I got into my craft.. Some friends actually used to make jewelry and taught me some things. I then started to make my own things and learn from YouTube and other people who inspired me to create more items. I've always enjoyed art and thought I'd try something new so I just went for it. That's how I discovered my talent.
My creative process is a variety of things such as picking beads, wire wrapping, and making the jewelry.  

When it comes to the future, I'm not sure where my business will go, but I hope to keep creating and inspiring others.
The message behind my work is that I think everyone is beautiful and unique so that is how I like to portray my jewelry. You can view more of my work at thelonelytrinket.etsy.com

Meet Christy Tucker of Refugio Jewelry...
I am a mother of four, an activist for social justice, an avid baker, and a lover of words.  I see the need for a unified vision as a nation to propel us forward into the new decade to create lasting change for future generations, thus the need for a spotlight on human trafficking awareness and overcoming darkness with light, grace and truth.  

This will be my first Avant-Garde show!

What inspires me to create? I am a musical artist by nature but appreciate all things beautiful, including handcrafted jewelry.

What inspired me to move forward with non-profit work? A heart for the broken, and a desire for their restoration and to empower them to help restore others.

I am passionate about empowering others to create lasting change and that is the primary reason for my getting behind the El Refugio shelter initiative in Guatemala helping women and children escape abuse and trafficking.


As I do not receive a profit for these efforts, I love seeing 100% of the proceeds being directed to the women and children of El Refugio.

The message behind my work is that I am an advocate raising awareness regarding human trafficking in our country and beyond and the need to create positive change whilst selling jewelry as a platform to aid in that process.

Meet Bev Hauenstein of Take Joy...
My name is Bev Hauenstein and I am semi retired in the healthcare field, which allows me to pursue my love of textile art.  Although my past endeavors have included many different creative textile crafts, my present love is for eco printing.  
This will be my first Avant-Garde show!

Under the tutelage of Raeschell Noonen/Nimby Fiber Art of Mount Vernon OH and Nicola Brown/Clasheen of Ireland, I began my journey of total intrigue in eco printing about two years ago. Eco printing is a method of natural dyeing in which plant materials are applied to fabric, paper or leather with the application of heat.
My inspiration.. The tannins within the plant leave color and prints the shape of the leaves.  I utilize silk, wool, linen, cotton and paper to create scarves, wraps, table runners, wall hangings, pillows, aprons and journals. 

Through the art of eco printing I have learned that patience and being open-minded in regards to the end product is important and the magic of nature plays the most vital role in the process which makes the result of each creation a one-of-a-kind unique beauty. 

The message behind my work is each creation is always a wonderful surprise!

2020 Columbus Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, March 7, 2020
10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St.
Hilliard, OH 43026
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

Meet Allan Rose of Bling Beagle Guitars...
My name is Allan Rose and I am a retired postal worker. At this point, it is a hobby. I initially got the idea off the internet. I take pride in my woodworking skill. I play guitar and have made instruments in the past. 
This will be my first Avant-Garde show!

The Cigar box guitars I make are comparable to anything on the market that I have seen and are much more affordable.  
I hand pick the woods, I use and only use quality walnut, maple, and cherry woods.

Each one is a " one of a kind", unique unto itself. 
At this point I see the future of my work as the same.... as a hobby... taking my time... building quality handmade instruments, one at a time, incorporating new ideas as they come along.

2020 Columbus Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, March 7, 2020
10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St.
Hilliard, OH 43026
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment