Saturday, February 27, 2021

One Week Away!

  Meet Danielle Schnees of Crafted By Danielle...

My name is Danielle and I've been running Crafted by Danielle since 2013 but I've been crafting since I learned how to color! I've been crocheting since I was six. 

I made my first Christmas ornament for a neighbor when I was in second grade and picked up a little sewing and photography when I joined 4-H. 

This will be my first Avant Garde event as well as my first event of 2021 so I'm really excited. I've always enjoyed making things for my family and friends so it eventually grew into a business. I used to only focus on scarves, bags, and quilts but got into stuffed animals about three years ago and really found my passion.

I hope to continue to grow my work over the next few years. I'm continuously adding new animals to my zoo as well as expanding my ornament line and clothing items. My one goal is to bring joy to those who purchase my items. I like bringing modern touches to old traditions. 


Meet Melissa Clancy of Dizzy with a Dame Jewelry...
My name is Mellissa Clancy and I am obsessed with jewelry. Chunky, funky, completely eclectic, and eccentric jewelry. I’ve been crafting jewelry since I was a teenager so... a really long time! This is my first show with Avant-Garde! 
I find inspiration in everything from old movies, romance, Celtic history to Alphonse Mucha, Frida Kahlo, Dali, Iris Appel, the Brönte Sisters, and Chaka Khan, Jane Austen, Stevie Nicks, and Tori Amos... the list goes on! I first became interested in jewelry when I was 9 years old. My big brothers girlfriend made friendship bracelets and she let me pick out the colors and showed me basic knots; from there I was hooked on creating my own jewelry with my own flair and style. 
I knew I made something special when the local newspaper wanted to show my second-grade artwork from school. My creative process is relaxed and simple. I literally play with the beads until an idea forms in my head. I love texture, the roughness of stone, or the ridges in silver, patterns and combining colors and vintage beads.
I hope to one day to see my jewelry reach as far as New York City or Paris, being worn by models and fashion Icons. Above all else, I want my jewelry to be used as an expression of  creativity, to think outside the box, to love and live creatively! 
Dizzy with a Dame Jewelry can be found online at: www.dizzywithadame.shop or at Familiar Books and Metaphysical Shop 4732 East National Road, in Springfield.

Meet Renee and Keith Sanders of Olive Branch Natural Skincare & Co...
My name is Renee and my husband, Keith, and I are the founders and owners of Olive Branch Natural Skincare & Co. Together we operate our family business with our two children. We have been married for 14 years. We love and enjoy creating our products and interacting with our customers. Keith and I have been doing this for last 5 years. 

This is our first show with Avant- Garde. What inspires us to create is my family. We think about what other families may need or want by the situations we face. For example, my son was showing signs of skin irritations. So we created products to help combat that issue. As of today, that issue is gone. The formula we use to help with his issues is now apart of our product line. 


Those products are: Organic Black Cumin Seed Salve & our Whipped Shea Butter Body Butter. We started out making products for our family and friends whose children or they themselves suffered from contact dermatitis from products from big box stores etc. They too, like us grew tired of by-products, GMO’s etc. So with popularity we grew a consistent customer base which resulted in build a thriving business. 


It’s funny. I discovered the talent or desire to make products by making homemade butter. I have always loved chemistry. I loved creating and figuring out how it might work or mixing to solve. 


For us there is no exact creative process when it comes to formulating. It is based off of needs and wants of “Cleaner Products, Better Results“. In 5 years, we plan to increase production and be able to enlarge our customer base to be able to help more people. The message behind our products is: “We believe there is a healthier way to create products that your entire family can enjoy.“


2021 Columbus Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, March 6, 2021
10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St.
Hilliard, OH 43026
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment