Thursday, September 5, 2019

Columbus - This Weekend!

Meet Tammy Pavlic...
My name is Tammy Pavlic!  I am married and have three grown boys, ages 28, 22 and 20, as well as two living furbabies. I have lived in Westerville over 20 years, and I work in healthcare.  I have been making jewelry for about seven years mainly as a hobby, this will be my first Avant Garde day art and craft show.  I am super excited to get out there and sell my products at the show! 
I have done lettering and calligraphy for over 30 years, all self taught and I am always discovering new surfaces to write on, which is how I found the earrings. My creative process is truly a gift (from God) – I can always see the finished product before I start and it has always turned out the way I envisioned it.
Currently it is still a side hobby so I hope in five years it continues and will always be a passion of mine that I love to share with others.  I cannot wait for this weekend!  I love to chat about what I do, and I cannot wait to chat with everyone this weekend. 


Meet Daniell Barton from Daniell Barton Art...
Every individual thinks their journey of becoming an artist is special and Daniell feels she is no exception to the rule.

Daniell is often asked if she is self-taught or if she has had formal training. Daniell recognizes that it is a gift from God with no formal education; other than the semester she had that was required her freshman year of high school. The two pencil drawings shown are from her freshman year in high school. She thoroughly enjoyed this time in class as it was Daniell’s first experience of art having a voice for her. Life changes required Daniell to leave that school system. She would not have an art experience again until 2010, Daniell was at a very painful time in her life when her inner voice led her to a small art studio in Canton, Georgia where she would meet Patricia Reeves who would introduce her to oil painting. Daniell poured her heart, soul into painting where she would experience the healing power of art. Daniell’s very first oil painting was what she needed most and so appropriately called, “My Comforter”. That season didn’t last long, because life changes again required her to leave and it would be almost seven years before she would hold a brush in her hand. In 2019, Daniell made a decision out of that place of need to live life and live life outloud that she finally made a mental, physical, emotional, spiritual decision that art had to become her purpose and destiny; because it was a gift from above and that passion was a need to be met. It was her destiny. Daniell loves all kinds of art. In high school it was pencils. In 2010, she touched oils and loved the texture and the medium giving her a sense of feeling like she was a real artist. Then Daniell discovered watercolors where you’ll often hear her say, “…with watercolors you learn to lose control of your life, I mean paint.” LOL Daniell wants to continue to grow and learn all mediums and never be boxed in as a certain kind of artist. “Who likes to be boxed in?” She says, “Not me! I want to “Live Art Outloud”.

On a more personal note… Daniell was born and raised a Hoosier, but most of her adult life where her husband, Mark and she raised their two boys was in Atlanta GA. Daniell’s former life there was as a real estate broker and direct sales. Daniell currently resides back in the Hoosier state, but remember that box… it will not contain her and we will probably be moving to get closer to the grandbabies in 2020. At least she hopes!
Daniell find inspiration through anything beautiful that catches her eye.  She is excited to come back for her second Avant Garde Art & Craft Show.  In closing, Daniell’s art journey is just beginning and she thanks you for being part of it. 

Meet Nancy Sewell...
I got into jewelry making when I retired.  I found that I saw many quality jewelry pieces that I liked for myself, but always thought that much of it seemed overpriced for the work involved in making it.  Since starting my own jewelry line, I've come to find out that is not always true - it is quite some work!

My whole family has always been generally artistic to some degree, including myself.  Throughout my life, I was always involved in some type of artistic pursuit.  That being said, I started making the jewelry line I currently make a little over a year ago.  This is my first Avant-Garde Art and Craft show and I sure am excited!

When it comes to my inspiration, I find that making jewelry is an artistic outlet for me that I find fun and fulfilling.  The creative process behind my work involves studying other artist's work and taking what I like about their pieces and putting my own spin on them to incorporate them into my own jewelry.  I hope that people see the love and care that I put into my work and appreciate the pieces just as much as me!

Meet Marcie Estep from Marcie's Mason Jar Decor...
My name is Marcie. This is my fifth year teaching in the Columbus area. My husband and I are very excited to be expecting our first child in January. I have been creating custom mason jars for about a year now and it just gets better by the day! 


This is the second Art and Craft Show I have participated in and I am so excited to return.  I love to furnish homes with custom made decor for every season and holiday, incorporating client's favorite colors and themes.


I got into the craft because I was searching for a way to relieve stress when I discovered Mason Jar decorating and I discovered my love for creating at a flea market in my home town. If I am creating a piece without client input, I tend to walk through the floral department at a local craft store and see which flowers capture my eye. I tend to lean more towards wild flowers and yellows.
In 5 years, I see myself attending local arts and craft shows, sharing my love of mason jar decor with others. It is not my intention to start a large business, but to continue making decor that makes myself and others happy and their homes even more "homey".

I hope that my customers are in tune with the message behind my work: Home is where the heart is.





2019 Columbus Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday September 8, 2019 - 10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St.
Hilliard, OH 
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment