Thursday, December 15, 2016

Get Ready to Shop til you Drop, Columbus!

Meet Angie Miller from Tie Dye Terrific...
Hi! I'm originally from Licking County and have lived in the Columbus suburbs for 11 years. I crunch numbers and create spreadsheets by day, and I create tie dye by night! I have been tie dyeing for over 25 years and this will be my first Avant-Garde show!
I got into tie-dyeing after seeing some tie dye shirts in college and wanting to making them for myself. I gradually worked my way into the tie dyeing process. I used to make shirts just for fun, then I started having tie dye parties with my nieces and nephews. It seemed like I had something good going, and I started experimenting with a lot of different designs and techniques. 
I'm inspired by seeing various color combinations together and the excitement of not knowing how the tie dye will turn out! I kind of just go with the flow. I think of some designs that I want to make and figure out how to create them. 
A lot of love and intentionality goes into my work. I really want to create things that make people happy!

Meet Aubrey Maynard from Maynard Books...
Maynard Books was founded in 2015 by Aubrey and Thomas Maynard. It came about because of the desire to self-publish and control the process and be involved in every aspect of our books from creation to publication and marketing. As aspiring authors, we have been hard at work on a variety of projects.
Thomas and Aubrey are both creative people. Our process is most effective when we work together. One of us will come up with an idea. Typically, the other will sketch in some more details or add in a plot scenario. We bound ideas off each other and quickly come up with a rough draft.
We each have skills in writing different portions of the project, which allows us to produce better quality stories. The process may vary depending on the project.
Inspiration comes from a variety of sources. It could be a dream, seeing something in a movie, nature, pictures on Pinterest, a real life situation, or a random memory. The message behind our work is to provide family-friendly entertainment that will bring you enjoyment and enrich your life.

Meet Rebecca Brown Sharayera from World of Springerle...
I have been a stay at home mom since my daughter was born six years ago. Prior to that, I lived and worked in the Washington, D.C. area. We moved to New Albany three years ago. I have always enjoyed baking and trying new things, although I grew up with Springerle cookies, as my mother is from Germany and she baked them almost every Christmas. 
I just started baking and selling Springerle in earnest about two months ago. I got into the craft hobby because of my mom, who had recently begun making and selling Springerle cookies in my hometown. This is my first Avant-Garde show!
I'm inspired to create by the beauty and intricacy of the cookie molds that have been reproduced from original creations hundreds of years ago.
Since it's a specific food craft that dates back to the 14th century, I just would like to share it with Ohioans, many of whom are of German descent, and give them a taste of their own heritage, as well as show them beauty can be created in a simple and tasty cookie!

Meet Jim Siemer from Ohio Artwork...
Hi! I'm Jim and I'm an artist from Columbus, Ohio, whose family built a cottage on Middle Bass Island in 1983. I was inspired by the beauty of Lake Erie to begin painting watercolors and believe that Ohio is the most beautiful state in our nation. 
Over the last 25 years, I have painted numerous watercolors capturing Ohio's splendor. A graduate of Bishop Ready High School, I was first challenged there by art teacher Sister Marie Miller to appreciate the wonders of art.
I graduated from Ohio University and attended Columbus College of Design and Maryland College of Art and Design. I have taken several watercolor classes in Ohio, Maryland, and Virginia. I was a board member of Ohio Citizens for the Arts and am now a current member of the Clintonville Artist's Guild.
In the past few years, I have created art for the Ohio General Assembly Holiday Card, the Bicentennial of the Battle of Lake Erie poster, and the Ohio Statehouse Sesquicentennial poster.

Meet Renee Wallace from Heartfelt Occasions...
Warm wishes to all! I have dabbed in crafting in years past and just recently started decorating "memory" lanterns. I'm a detail girl and love putting extra touches on each piece. I started simply by making a couple sympathy lanterns for loved ones and the response has been heartwarming. The name "Heartfelt Occasions" was registered and a new journey began.
I am in total awe of the quality crafts that will grace the Avant-Garde show and am very excited to join everyone for the first time!
Each lantern starts as a blank canvas waiting for a painted finish and carefully chosen accessories. With the availability of flameless candles, the light can always shine and share a smile.
I am excited to grow and continue working on channels to sell these decorative keepsakes. 



2016 Columbus Winter Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, December 17th, 2016 
10:00am-4:00pm
St. Agatha's Parish Hall
1860 Northam Rd.
Columbus, OH 43221
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:



No comments:

Post a Comment