Thursday, February 18, 2016

Get Ready to Get Crafty, Columbus!

Meet Ashley Dean from Ashley Dean Design...
My name is Ashley Dean and I am the owner of Ashley Dean Design. I am a stay at home mom with three kids. I am very new to the small business and craft show world. I have only been selling and creating signs for around 5 or 6 months and this is my first show that I will be participating in.
I have loved creating things for a long time. I am always drawing up ideas and making things for myself, so I decided to make a few items for my family and friends. Then, orders started coming in so I decided to take those orders and form a small business.
In five years I would love to take my business and possibly open my own small store front, selling my designs and antiques. I just hope that my pieces bring joy to people every time they look at them and they know they were handmade. 

Meet Savannah Newman from Rainy Day Farm and Studio...
I'm Savannah Newman, the one behind Rainy Day Farm and Studio. Working with my hands is what brings me joy, whether it be through crafting, gardening, cleaning, cooking, or milking goats.
When I was little, my grandma got me hooked on crafting and that has never left me. My passion for weaving began at age 10, after my family invested in alpacas. I then learned to spin and weave, and began creating textiles of all different fibers, colors, and patterns. 
After setting up at my first art show, I couldn't let it go. Through the years, I have ventured out into creating new woven and natural products for the body and home. Over the years, I have always stayed true to using only natural fibers and ingredients in all my products, never synthetics or chemicals. Keeping things as simple, natural, and healthy as possible has always been my goal. 
 At 19, I couldn't be more thankful for having my own business and spending each day doing what I love. The reviews I receive from my customers always inspire me to keep moving forward, create new things, and make me love what I do even more. My goal is to continually grow my business, grasping inspiration from all that surrounds me, while turning a hobby into a passion.

Meet Allison Gavin from Allison Marie Photography...
I'm Allison Gavin and I manage a running specialty store in Worthington. I love traveling and trying new things, and taking photographs of course. A few years ago I decided to go back to school to get my Advanced Photography Certificate from Columbus State. This is the first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show that I have participated in. 
I'm inspired by nature. I enjoy being out doors and working with natural light. I love being able to find those small unique things that most people would pass over. One reason I prefer nature shots is because I like to just take my camera and wander around on my own for awhile until I see something that catches my eye. It's peaceful and stress free.
In five years I would love to have a website where I can sell my photographs. In this modern world of technology, I want to bring people back to basics and remind them how beautiful everything around them is. We spend too much time with our heads buried in our phones, and not enough time outside with friends and family enjoying nature. 

2016 Columbus Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, March 5, 2016
 10:00am-4:00pm
St. Agatha's Parish Hall
1860 Northam Rd
Columbus, OH 43221
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment