Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Summer Columbus Vendors Coming to Town!

Andrea Ramey from Happy Hippie Handmades...

My best friend and I have been crafty for years. We have tried all kinds of different crafts and have both settled on a few that we enjoy the most. We decided to bring our crafting skills together and start a little business. I do macrame wall hangings and plant hangers and my best friend, Lindsay, does crochet scarves, hats and ear warmers.

Both of our creations are therapeutic to us. I also enjoy doing macrame because I love decorating and macrame pieces for home decor are so beautiful. 

For macrame, I look up general ideas of different knots on Etsy and Pinterest, start with a base (a piece of driftwood or plant hanger loop) and pull different knot ideas together, mostly just coming up with my own idea in the long run.



Meet Miranda Johnson from Scentsations...

We began Scentsations to provide everyone with practical, safe and luxurious products that also enrich the mind, body and spirit! We have created a line of handmade bath, body, and candles to inspire your own Aromacare routine!

A picture containing table, cup, plate, blue

Description automatically generated

We were inspired to begin Scentsations to provide everyone with a sensible and natural option of Aromacare items. Mindfulness and self-care are at the core of mental health. That is why our products are handmade with good energy and intention to encourage you to take some much needed time for yourself! We believe everyone deserves that!

A picture containing text

Description automatically generatedA picture containing text, device

Description automatically generated


It truly has been a trial & error process! But through so much hard-work and sleepless nights, we have created a line of bath, body, and candles with unique labeling that everyone just loves!


Meet Deeby Olsen from SKG Artwork Sales..

As a young girl growing up in Australia, I was fascinated by drawing, and tried my hand at sketching, but my time was spent doing a lot of outdoor activities with my siblings and friends. When I met and married in my US Navy Veteran husband Scott in 1985, my life took on a whole new world.

We lived in California for the first 11 years of our marriage, and I fell in love with his mother’s paintings. I first began painting with oils 36 years ago, after taking lessons from her.


I continued to paint as much as I was able, but life responsibilities and raising our children took over. We all eventually ended up in Chagrin Falls Ohio and joined forces to build our family business of SKG Artworks.


SKG Artworks is going places, and it is hoped that I will eventually be available to the public as also a store front. The 2021 Columbus Summer Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show is my first show in about 10 years, and a first show exhibiting my Debby Olsen Acrylic Pours and Gifts.

The message behind the pieces created for SKG Artworks has always been, “Art To Make You Smile”, and that it does!


2021 COLUMBUS SUMMER AVANT-GARDE ART & CRAFT SHOW

Sunday, June 13th 2021
10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St. 
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment