Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Vendors Who Shine!

Meet Jane Eaton from Studio J Esthetics...
My name is Jane Eaton.  I am married, living in Pittsburgh, PA and have one daughter currently living in Columbus, OH! I own a small Nail and Skincare Salon, named “Studio J Esthetics” serving my local community. Along with my other creative hobbies like oil painting, I got started in jewelry making in 2018 because I’ve always had a passion for color and design and just fell in love with the Swarovski crystal because of the sparkle and shine, and its most gorgeous array of colors!  
My customers are of all ages, young and old, and when it comes time for special occasions, I love decorating my client’s nails with beautiful color and glitter, which inspired me to the idea of adding my hand made crystal jewelry to my shop, so my clients can sparkle from head to toe! My jewelry is so versatile, you can dress it up or dress it down…with your favorite jeans, or a pretty dress! Glam up those outfits everywhere you go!
I enjoy creating my handmade pieces so much that my head is exploding with excitement with more crafting ideas using Swarovski crystal. As I keep growing, I hope to add more crystal items to my customers to make them feel beautiful all the time!

I also only use materials made in the USA! I like to maintain an ethical approach to the highest quality of service and products to all my customers!

Meet Chelsea Nutto of CaffeinatedTails...

Hi everyone! My name is Chelsea and I am the owner of CaffeinatedTails! I currently live in Columbus. This is my second Avant-Garde show and I’m very excited to be able to return!

Born and raised in southwest Michigan, I have grown up with a crafty mother who encouraged me to explore many creative fields such as sewing, baking, scrapbooking, jewelry, and much more. So naturally, I was crafty. My creativity also spans as a musician (alumna of Capital University, BM degree in Flute Performance) and as a cosplayer of five years!
I am inspired to create from different sources; I like making fandom related tails (as a nod to the cosplayer side of things) as well as making semi-realistic (and non-realistic) animal type/colored tails. Sometimes, color combos and even foods can be inspirations for me!
As for how I came across making tails...I actually have to thank Instagram and Google for inspiring and giving me tutorials, as I had originally learned to make tails for my own costumes. I then decided to create commissions for others before just making it a hobby sort of shop on Etsy. This has been a major hobby for about two years now. My message behind my work...is that life is too short not to explore and express yourself!

Meet Sabrina Garcia-Santos from Chocolate Rose Art...

I am a wife and mother of five lovely kids. I lived in Ohio for three-and-a-half years and have been working with Amazon for two years. I have been painting for about 10 years now, but I have been drawing since I was four. I just recently started working with resin and acrylic on glass!
This year will be my first time participating in the Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show. Bright colors, the human body, brand new paint, and a blank canvas inspires me to create. Every time I see something that is blank, I have to paint it. My house is literally covered wall to wall with my artwork. My father is an amazing artist and I started drawing comic strip characters with him when I was four and I never stopped. Years later, I decided to start painting and never stopped that either! I paint every day or every other day!
I discovered my talent when I was able to replicate a simple cartoon almost perfectly as young as four to five years old. Then as I got older, people always wanted me to draw things for them.

Since I do a lot of abstract artwork, my favorite part of the creative process is picking out the colors that best go together. I rarely make a sketch of what I want to do on paper before putting it on canvas. If I  make a custom piece for a client, I definitely make a sketch first.
My five year goal definitely plan on having my own space to not only work and create but to show my pieces. I plan on buying a large building for my gallery/workshop. Fun is the main message behind my artwork. The bright colors and characters I make say nothing, but definitely express to have fun! However, Like Edgar Degas said, "Art is not about what you see but what you make people see." I like to make pieces that make people see, think and feel good.

Meet Amanda Brasfield of Spiritus Collage...
I'm a Kentucky girl living in Northern Ohio where I spend most of my time working as a high school librarian and attending my son's hockey games with my husband. I started dabbling in collage about 15 years ago, but I really started making things seriously in 2014. Spiritus Collage was officially created in 2018. This is my first show!
I am inspired by what my own heart longs to hear. I make art for people who are looking for just the right words to bring them peace or joy or to open them up to love. I made my husband, then boyfriend, a collage using a People magazine back in 2002, and I've been drawn to the format ever since! I love to create and get my hands dirty, whether it's with paint and glue or soil out in the garden--I love to bring things together.
I have never thought about what I do as a talent. It's more a conduit through which I put love into the world. Our current world often glorifies the busy, the tired, the worn, but I want to put love and self-worth and kindness up on the pedestal. I typically start out with a word or a phrase in mind, and I try to surround that with the colors and images that will create an environment where the beholder can accept the message.
My goal with my work is that I hope I have more opportunities to teach more classes and bring people together to paint and make their own artwork. I love meeting new people and helping them put the words they need to hear into a beautiful setting. The message is: Listen to your soul whispers. Those times when you feel down or depressed or things just don't seem right, that's your soul or your heart begging you to take care of yourself. You are worthy of love and care and compassion just like everyone else, so listen and respond!

Meet Margaret Gannon from MG Jewelry Expressions...
In 1999, I retired from Ameritech (phone co.) After that, I did work at other jobs as a part-time employee for a couple of years. I started making jewelry for myself in 2007 which started my interest in crafting. Around this time, my friends from work would meet every month for a girl's night out. While out, the girls commented on how much they liked my pieces, and talked me into selling them at the craft shows!
When I first started, it took a little while for me to learn the craft of making jewelry, now I sell my jewelry at craft shows that I attend. When I started booking craft shows, Avant-Garde was one of my first showings, so this will be second time coming back and I am looking forward to it!
My creative process.. I like going to beads shops to see what I can find. When I find beads that I like, I then start looking for things that might work with it. Sometimes, it comes to me in the store but then when I get home I don't remember what I had in mind lol :) 

The goal behind my work is that I would like to see my jewelry become a keepsake for whoever buys it. I love going to craft show and meeting a lot of new people. In five years, I would like to have more people buying my jewelry and appreciating the quality and love that went into making it. The message I want to relay is that good jewelry doesn't have to be overpriced!

2019 Columbus Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, March 2, 2019
 10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St.
Columbus, OH 43026
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com

Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment