Thursday, February 28, 2019

Ready, Set, Craft!

Meet Lisa Boyle of the Chocolate Café…
My name is Lisa Boyle and I opened the Chocolate Café in the Grandview/Upper Arlington area in 2007. I worked in television years ago then got into business. My husband and I owned video stores for years and then transitioned into the food business. For 12 years, we have been open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch & dinner. We also do a great deal of corporate catering and we've recently begun doing wedding cakes and dessert bars.
Everything inspires us! We love dessert and chocolate and the pleasure it brings to our customers. We specialize in chocolates, truffles, cookies, brownies, cakes, dessert bars, and pies. There isn't anything we can't make!  We are a Panera Bread style Café with soups, salads, and sandwiches but we are well known for our desserts. We also serve All-U-Can Eat Chocolate Fondue on Friday nights and we offer spiked drinks made with chocolate. In August 2007, I wrote down our mission: "A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity."
We have never participated in an Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show and are looking forward to it! We noticed that many of our customers and guests are huge fans of art and crafts shows, so we figured it was a natural fit to bring our goodies to these shows. We are excited to see how it works out!

Meet Tara Cunningham of 2b Kutz…
Our inspiration comes from many places. Much of our work has a natural theme, like animals, insects, plants, etc. Sometimes we let our imagination lead. Our love of art and making things really drive our crafting. So much of crafting connects and has such similar working that our artistic backgrounds just seem to pull it all together and keeps us eager to create. Our creations start with an idea and then a lot of research. We strive for quality and aesthetically pleasing items, so a lot goes into just making sure everything blends and well crafted. This is also our first Avant-Garde craft show. 


Meet Gabriel Colon of Gabi's Giftables...
 I was born and raised in Wiesbaden-Germany and have been in the USA for over 30 years. My mom loved to craft and taught my sisters and I everything she knew. Because of this, I have been crafting for over forty years and creating items for sale for the past twenty-five years. This will be my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show.
My family inspires me to create. My mother has passed and my sisters are living in Germany. When I am crafting, I feel connected to them and the joy it brought my mom. I started out crafting items for my own use and gifts. After seeing my creations, friends and family began coming to me for handcrafted items to be used for gifting, weddings, graduations and holidays.
I am always thinking of new ideas and typically create a few test runs to iron out the details and perfect my visualization of the item. I don't use patterns or diagrams, I freehand all my creations. Five years from now, I see myself with a thriving online store featuring a large variety of hand sewn and handcrafted items for all of life’s special moments. Our items are crafted with care and love make more personalized and meaningful gifts then mass-produced products. 

                                  
2019 Columbus Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, March 2, 2019
 10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St.
Columbus, OH 43026
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com

Visit us on:
LINKEDIN













No comments:

Post a Comment