Thursday, September 7, 2017

Here we come, Columbus...Are you ready??

Meet Sue Nason from You Made That?...
Sue Nason has been crafting and designing all her
life. Her endeavors have included sewing, basket weaving, quilting,
embroidery, and paper and fiber arts.
Her Fiber Necklaces combine her love of color, texture, fibers, and
handcrafting. Offered in 32 colorways, Fiber Necklaces are unique and
versatile accessories.  Even within a colorway, no two are identical.

Sue works in her home studio in rural NW Ohio. This is her first
Avant-Garde Show.


Meet Barb Hubert from Eagle Wings Art...
Hi! My name is Barb Hubert and I've been retired for about 5 years now. I took up watercolor to give me something to do with myself, and I fell in love with art! After just 1 year with a friend/teacher, I took off and now after only 5 years and never painting a day before that, have over 300+ original watercolor paintings, mixed media paintings, plus prints of my paintings and print blank notecards.
I feel this is a gift that God has given me, so I give back to Him! 40% of my profits go to help, The Cleveland Pregnancy Center or the Bible League Int'l. I love painting, using different mediums, like real leaves, salt, saran wrap, and anything else to make my paintings different and unique! I love to experiment! I am inspired by all of nature around me, and I marvel at the works of God!

I, always, always, have a painting in process, usually 2 or 3! You will find birds, animals, owls, landscapes, children's art, florals, modern, and abstract art...plus I now am offering to paint your home in watercolor called "Pen and Wash"! For my Ohio State Fans, I'll add a Buckeye Flag to your painting! 
Take advantage of my free set of (5) blank notecards with your $30 purchase ($7 value) before taxes and fees! I have beautiful summer/fall/winter blank notecards for sale and I've started a new section to my art, which I call, "Scripture Options", with some of my paintings including gold with black plaques inscribed with inspirational scripture! Ask me about them! 
Make sure to visit me at Columbus Makoy Event Center on Sunday September 10, 2017!

Meet Lori Tribley from Lori's Lucky Charms...
 My name is Lori Tribley. I am a long time resident of Whitehall, Ohio. Married to an awesome husband, have a beautiful daughter and 2 absolutely wonderful grandsons. I enjoy watching my grandsons play baseball, gardening, cooking, and go bowling. Plus this year my mom just discovered through DNA testing that she is close to 60-72% Irish. She always said ‘everyone has a little bit of Irish in them…My sister and I were SO excited!! This is my 3rd Avant-Garde Show and I absolutely love the Team!
Lori’s Lucky Charms came to life in late 2015 when our backyard starting growing 4 leaf clovers and multiplying! I was inspired to create a feel good ‘something’ and share my luck with others when the 4 leaf clovers when they began multiplying in our yard 2 years ago. I couldn’t just let these rare beauties be run over by a lawn mower...
Thinking about what to do with the clovers, I did some internet research as to ‘why’ they are multiplying and stumbled across a few you tube videos about how to seal leafs and walked into Hobby Lobby for the first time; asked where to find mod podge and just walked around for a couple hours when I ended up in the jewelry section….

Creating Lori’s Lucky Charms begins our backyard, I first dry, then seal, and look for items I can secure the clovers into safely. I really can’t explain why I have always had the ability to spot 4 leaf clovers and when they appears in my yard I was thrilled!
Five years from now I would be thrilled if the clovers continue to grow in our yard, and if they do, I would like to expand to home parties or participate in motivational special events

I really just want to share my luck with others! I feel it brings a positive aura and makes people smile knowing they have a lucky charm.
2017 Columbus Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday September 11, 2017 - 10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5461 Center St.
Hilliard, OH 
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment