Friday, February 26, 2016

Artists with Imagination!

Meet Bianca Gery from B. Sage Studios...
I distinctly remember the moment I decided I was going to own an art and design business. I was 12 years old and no stranger to creating art. I've been making art since I was able to hold a crayon in my hand. It's natural for me. I've never imagined doing anything else but creating and designing. It's pure passion. I don't know if there was ever a "discovery" moment. It's always been a way of life for me. I began mood boarding and designing clothes that very day. Since then, every project, piece of art, and design has been made with the intention to learn and build towards my dream. Shortly after graduating from art school, I knew it was time to dive fully into that idea and make it happen. B. Sage Studios is something I look forward to everyday. 
B. Sage Studios has become known for the Painting Pendants which are designed from my abstract paintings. Creating artistic jewelry is just one of the first ways I plan to develop B. Sage Studios into a company for the individual who wants a creative and inspirational lifestyle that is as unique as they are.



My first experience making jewelry began on the playground when I was in elementary school. In 2012, the first trials of starting a business based around jewelry and design began. B. Sage Studios finally launched in the summer of 2015.
My inspirations are always in flux. I've had creative inspirations come out of anything from dreams and memories to conversations to nature. My artwork reflects the things that constantly surround me: colors, textures, sounds, people, and even feelings. From the artwork that is made, products are then designed around that idea. 



My creative process not a definitive list of steps. It's a combination between pure creation, lots of research on seasonal trends, and figuring out how those two things can integrate together to create the final product. I always want to be relevant, but more importantly I want to be true to myself and my brand. 


Within 5 years I hope to open a physical B. Sage Studios store as well as continuing the online store. My goal is to gradually incorporate different areas of life into the development of product lines such as clothing and accessories to home goods. I want to be a brand that becomes a lifestyle. 



The message behind my work is to be yourself, and be confident doing so. It's cliche, but it's so important. Trends come and go, but it's the uniqueness of each individual's style and personality that keeps life interesting and inspirational. I use artwork as the vehicle to spread this message. View more of my work at: www.bsagestudios.com

Meet John Kosinski...

I reside in Elyria, Ohio. I have been doing photography for more than Twenty Five Years and I have worked in a studio and have my own Studio in Elyria. I have been doing Wildlife Nature Photography for 14 years. I have traveled to the Florida Everglades, the Amazon Jungle in South America, and Mexico City. I do some Photography for the Audubon and Bird and Bloom Magazine.  View my work at: http://picasaweb.google.com/koscinski

I also can be found on Facebook at:

Meet Erica Dodge from Simply Couture Closet...
I'm a wife and a loan manager who loves to cook, but when I am not working my 9-5 or cooking something special for my hubby... i'm crafting!

What started out as a church fundraiser two years ago, turned into something I love! The moment I see an adorable fabric or the lasted color trends, I immediately begin designing things in my head.
I love creating pieces with a vintage flair and I also work with creative color palettes, so I tend to design things using several colors. I research color trends as well as prints and designs that pair well together to come up with something unique. 
Although I have been doing this for a couple years it has primarily been custom orders. This is my first Avant-Garde Craft Show and I have decided to make 2016 my year to expand! I currently have an Etsy shop, a Facebook page and an Instagram shop which I hope will expand my customer base. My plan is to have my items sold at local boutiques and would love to eventually open my own to showcase all of my designs.

Meet Wolfgang Parker from Crime Cats...
I'm a Columbus native who has been making art for 20 years. I have been writing and publishing Crime Cats books for a year and a half. 

I began writing Crime Cats as a gift for my nineteen nieces and nephews as a way to stay into their lives without geographically being there. I have written ever book as if I were telling them the story face-to-face.  I have been writing for ten years. I just never had any ambition to write for kids, so this was a surprise. 
I have been a songwriter and recording artist for 20 years and telling stories was something I enjoyed doing through music. Writing books has only freed me to do it more directly.  Each book takes me between six and eight months to finish. I write, illustrate, and layout the books, personally. 

My five year goal..  I hope to be working on the ninth volume for a very eager fans. 

The message behind my work is that I try to show children (and adults) the value of empathy and the importance of recognizing your self-worth while exploring forgotten chapters of Columbus history.

To learn more, here is a segment from WOSU-PBS's Broad & High TV show that profiled Crime Cats books: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2in2QL1Z5tQ

2016 Columbus Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, March 5, 2016
 10:00am-4:00pm
St. Agatha's Parish Hall
1860 Northam Rd
Columbus, OH 43221
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment