Sunday, May 13, 2012

Apparel and Home Decor Art!

Meet Mary and Sue from Posey Patch...
We are two sisters that enjoy spending time together and creating unique handbags and accessories. We've been selling our bags to friends and at craft shows for eight years. We've also been selling online via our Etsy shop for the past 5 1/2 years. Apart from creating things, one of us is a hospice nurse and the other a controller at an insurance company.
Our creativity comes from our grandmother, who instilled our creative spirit. She taught us to sew, knit and crochet when we were very young!


We got into our hobby as a result of being empty nesters with too much time on our hands! :) We also had so many items on-hand (and face it, girls need a lot of bags, but you can only have so many). Our other sister suggested we start selling then, and since then we have never looked back!
When it comes to our creative process, Sue can see fabrics together in a unique way and then she comes up with an idea on how to use them. She flies by the seat of her pants, whereas I (Mary) am the methodical one.. I'm always precise, my sister Sue says it could be the accountant in me! :)


When it comes to our favorite items, we love all of our things. The current item on we're working on always become our next favorite! Each one is better then the one before!


Our goal is to continue to produce a product we can be proud of and spend time together and feed our fabric addiction!


The message behind our work is carry a fun, one-of-a-kind unique bag, carry it often, and carry it proud!


Meet Quinn Kellogg from Art By Quinn...
My name is Quinn Kellogg, I grew up just outside of Rochester, NY. I was lucky enough to have amazing parents who encouraged art throughout my life and helped me every step along the way. I came to Ohio to learn at the Columbus College of Art & Design, where I got my BFA with a major in Illustration and a minor in Fine Art.

Since graduating in 2012, I have been participating in art festivals and shows all along the East coast including, CCAD's annual spring and winter sales, Park Ave Fest, Artists Row (where I won Best in Show), and many more. Right now you can find my work up at 83 Gallery, in the Short North in Columbus, OH.
Outside of painting and creating art, I avidly pursue great rock climbing. Much of my inspiration to paint landscapes comes from frequent trips to climb in North Carolina, Kentucky, West Virginia, New York, and as far West as Arizona and California. Climbing and being outdoors helps me to keep a connection with nature that constantly challenges me and inspires everything I do.
I hope to be able to travel and lead a very unique life with the selling of my work. I want to experience and paint as much of the world as I can, waking up to a new place and new adventures every day.

The main message behind my work is enjoy the landscape and everything in it. Take time to sit underneath the clouds and guess at what their shapes could be. Don't be afraid to slow down every once in a while and look around you to remind yourself of how much natural beauty this world has. Most importantly, live simply.

Check out these featured vendors at the 2012 Columbus Summer Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show. This eclectic show will feature over 125 of the area's most talented artisans and crafters. A portion of the show's proceeds will be donated to Columbus Ohio's Local Matters, a non-profit that teaches kids and families about healthy Ohio-grown foods, provides access to wholesome foods in local area communities, and advocates for fair food policies.

2012 Columbus Summer Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, August 19, 2012, 1:30pm-6:30pm
The Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral
555 N. High St 
Columbus, OH 43215
For more information, contact Becki Cooper, Event Coordinator at info@avantgardeshows.com
Visit us on:



No comments:

Post a Comment