Thursday, May 1, 2014

April Showers Bring May Vendors!

Meet Richard and Alice from Pure Bees Wax Art...
We are Richard & Alice - Since 1996, we have taken pride in being candle artisans and designing one of a kind unique hand rolled pure bees wax candles, beeswax art and beeswax sculptures. We have enjoyed being creative and letting nature lead us over the hills and through the woods to the natural liquid gold we use to make our art.
We use solid blocks of pure ohio bees wax and cotton wick. We hand design each candle using real pressed flowers, roses, rose and flower petals, larkspur, daisy, cosmo...fern, leaves, lavender, and herbs in our craft. We are fortunate in having a garden which offers its bounties to us to use as fresh cut and then pressed flowers for our candle creations. Ocean stones and seashells are also our favorites to use because of the natural offerings of the ocean combined with our pure beeswax designs makes sense.
We are inspired by nature - The Love of Flowers, Bees & Honey - we're all set! We started making candles when our garden gave all the wonderful offerings to work with. We'd cut and dry flowers, we enjoyed the light from candles, and it all came together one day when we had both to work with. California driftwood also led us to making our first beeswax sculptures. From then on, we were excited with our craft. Connecting to nature has meant a lot to us! Nature's bounties leads us and this is our contribution to the art scene…
Our creative process starts with pure liquid beeswax. We double boil it, pour it into hand made molds, wait for the perfect temperature, and we roll our candles to a cotton wick. Using a warm candle and hand applying real flowers is a sense of wonder every time! Once the floral design is made, it is then dipped back into the liquid beeswax to seal the natural beauty on the surface of the candle. Ocean stones and seashells add a wonderful texture to the candle with a one of a kind design. 
In five years we'll still be known as the beeswax candle people! Our message to give regarding our art, it's all natural & all wonderful! We are so excited to join the Avant-Garde Art Show! This will be our first year. We are proud & honored to have this opportunity of connecting with so many awesome artist
that will be on site for May 10th, 2014. Happy spring time everyone!

Meet Pat Underwood from Classy Glass Creations...
Classy Glass Creations was started in the spring of 2013. We had been treasure hunting on a trip to Michigan one day and found a beautiful yard sculpture made from glass pieces. We really wanted to bring it home to our own garden, but the price was far above our reach. We decided right then we would learn how to make them for ourselves. Once we made the first one, Garden Granny, people told us we needed to make more and sell them. 
Family history is our inspiration. We come from a long line of artisans: our Dad worked with metals and wood for many years crafting unique and useable items, one grandmother took up painting at the age of 84 and left behind beautiful paintings, and our Mom did ceramics for many years and took great pleasure in giving them to others to enjoy.
I have a strong appreciation for antiques and hand crafted treasures. I also have a talent for sales and marketing, and am skilled at seeking out great pieces to build our items. Pam’s talent is in seeing things differently. She is inspired by finding new beauty in the plain and ordinary. For her personally, it is therapy that allows her to share her visions with others. She’s the designer.
Pam and I have always created much from little. We learn most things by hands on trial and error. Talent is much like beauty; it lies in the eyes of the beholder. I supply a wide selection of colorful glassware with many unique shapes and sizes. Pam then selects a piece that interests her and begins to pair it with other selections until she “sees” something interesting. Together we discuss and fit the final pieces and trim until we agree on the final collage. Pam will study it a bit until it “speaks” together with a name and a story. Finally a new “Garden Granny” is born.
Everything holds value and beauty, if you look beyond the surface or expected use. You can draw outside the lines and make one of the most beautiful pictures ever. And finally, it is our responsibility to preserve parts of the past for future generations to learn from and love as we have.

Meet Bonnie with Crone Age Wisdom...
After a successful, twenty year career in the corporate world as a marketing executive, I finally decided to follow my passion.  My grandson was born with very dry skin, and nothing we tried seemed to help.  I decided to go back to the wisdom of my forefathers (wisdom of the crones), and became certified in herbology. I realized my passion for living naturally. 
I started making lotion bars, other lotion preparations, natural cleaning ingredients, and herbal remedies for any ailment imaginable.  And the products and herbal remedies worked!  Then I realized that I loved educating people about the benefits of using natural ingredients in anything they put on their skin.  I have been selling products and educating the public at vending events for over three years, and am continually adding different healing solutions to my Crone Age Wisdom product line. I develop products based on need. The more I learn about harmful ingredients in almost all products we use daily, the more I am inspired to research all-natural herbs, oils, and butters that work in concert with our bodies to promote natural healing. 
My products use fresh ingredients and do not contain preservatives, chemicals, or unnatural fragrance.  Most products are completely fragrance free, as many people have allergies or reactions to scents. My future is to continue educating people on the benefits of using natural products that promote healing and are non-toxic to humans and the environment. I use my ancestor-intuition to draw upon the wisdom of the wise-women who healed naturally and spiritually. Crone Age Wisdom, the natural solutions to dry and ageing skin.

Meet Jamie with The Maven Raven...
Greetings! I am Jamie "Raven" June. I began my journey of creating handmade items about 5 years ago. My grandmother was my teacher and mentor. I ran a small business for 11 years with my husband. When he passed away in 2012, I could no longer run our successful business on my own. I was determined to begin a business that I could design and create yet also provide for my two teenage sons. I started The Maven Raven at the end 2013 in which I make handmade items and unrefined beauty products. Specifically Unrefined African Shea Butter. I am also the vocalist/lyricist for the band, June Dreaming. This will be my first Avant~Garde Art Show and I am excited to be a part of this event! I love meeting new people, especially artist and vendors. 
This has always been my dream, creating art and music and bringing it into the marketplace. 

My heart is to bring joy and love to everyone I meet. I also have a desire to bring in my sister, Cheri to this business. She is married and has 4 young boys. I have recently been teaching her how to sew and taking her with me to events. My goal is for her to become a huge part of The Maven Raven!
My Grandma Phyl, was my inspiration to art. She was sewing since she was six, and ran her own business teaching women how to paint, quilt, and start their own businesses. Unfortunately, she passed away in a tragic car accident. My heart is to carry on her legacy. My husband also inspired me to take risks in business. He and I had many struggles running a small business but never gave up! I loved being his business partner and miss those times. I take what he taught me into my own business, as I carry on. He taught me that people are important and everyone deserves love.


2014 Columbus Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, May 10th, 2014, 10:00am-4:00pm
St. Agatha's Parish Hall
1860 Northam Rd
Columbus, OH 43221

For more information, contact Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN


No comments:

Post a Comment