Thursday, May 31, 2018

Columbus, Are You Ready?!

Meet Sara Berens from Sara Berens Studio - La Fleur de Papier...
I am an artist and educator living in beautiful Athens, Ohio with my husband and two spoiled cats. I've been a maker since childhood but honed my skills while earning my degrees in fine arts.  
I am inspired by repurposing items, so when it came time to plan our wedding, instead of using fresh flowers, I decided to make my own from various found elements. I got to work using a stack of handmade paper that I had pulled in a class, a mountain of vintage buttons that had been waiting for me to use them, a stage of twigs that I collected from a local source, and other baubles. They fit our book theme perfectly and I loved them so much that I decided to continue to create these lovely ladies.
Over the past few years, they have continued to be perfected and are the perfect forever flower that can be given as gifts for Mother's Day, birthdays, teacher's gifts, special occasions, or just to brighten your day. 
This is my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show, but I have sold my flowers at several shops here in Athens, as well as at craft shows in the region. I am excited to join the Columbus show and am looking forward to meeting everyone! 

Meet Brittany Freeman from Pretzel Palooza...
I am a mother of two, dog mom, and wife to an awesome drummer. My "9-5" is managing a State Farm Insurance Agency. My family is also very involved at our church, and I love serving the Lord through small group ministry as well as Kids Ministry.
After I had my daughter in 2012, I started planning her birthday parties. Creating sweet treats for her parties that were always a big hit lead me to exploring different treat capabilities wit pretzels, cake pops, and chocolate candies. My creative process is trial and error. A lot time what is in our head doesn't always come out the way we want it to the first time. Before creating an order for a customer, I will gather all their desires and then make an individual item or small batch for them to try/approve. There are so many possibilities with colors, textures, sprinkles, and embellishments that I can do, and I like to make sure that they meet the customers' needs down to every last sprinkle! 
I LOVE to create a special treat customized for each individual. I love being able to take what they have in mind and turning it into reality. In five years, I would love to have the ability to provide treats and embellishments, custom printing tags for gift bags as well as possibly adding a few new products to what I offer.

Meet Carolyn Shisler from Jewelry by Carolyn...
Jewerly by Carolyn is hand created art jewelry - woven braided, fold-formed, forged, soldered or beaded. Each piece is creating with high quality stones, pearls and crystals in sterling silver, pure copper or Vintaj brass metals. 
Inspiration comes form my fascination to create unique designs with the stone itself melded with the metals to reveal an extraordinary focal piece that is easy to wear and affordable. 

Jewelry on display will be my popular wire-wrap and one of a kind gemstone cabochon pendant necklaces; chain mail with interlinked hand woven metal rings and fold-formed copper - all with semi-precious gemstones, crystals and pearls in bracelets, earrings, and necklaces.
Jewelry features decorative elements (clasps, connectors and charms) that add dimension to my styling. Common design elements in my work are the quality of craftsmanship and the exclusive materials acquired at the Tucson Gem shows each year.

My jewelry is constantly evolving and fresh. She takes continuing silversmith classes in Oro Valley, AZ; learns new techniques from artists at the Tucson Gem show and at the Columbus Cultural Arts Center.
I participate in local Columbus juried art and craft shows, sell my jewelry in several central Ohio art galleries and shops, create custom order jewelry, and teaches private jewelry making classes in chain mail weaving and metal wire wrapping. 

2018 Columbus Summer Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, June 10, 2018
 10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5462 Center St.
Columbus, OH 43026
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com

Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment