Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Meet our Eclectic Artisans and Crafters this Fall!

Meet Mary Steiner from Wreath Vine Designs...
I was born and raised in Akron, Ohio, the seventh of twelve children. I was employed at the telephone company for 25 years, and that is where I met my husband, Jim. I have a daughter Ann Marie, a son Daniel, and his wife Ann Marie, (must’ve be a popular name)! I have two West Highland White Terrier dogs, Nicholas and Alexandra, and a grand dog Lhasa Apso, named Max.
I’ve always had an eye for design and after taking a cake decorating class started a cake decorating business.  At first it was just birthday cakes mostly for family and friends but soon, by word of mouth, it became a fulltime wedding cake business. After 3 years I had to give the business up when my husband was transferred to Albuquerque, NM, and subsequently to Scottsdale, AZ and then Denver, Co.  So for the most part I would only do cakes for family and friends.
We moved back to Ohio and settled in Powell where both of our children live. After moving so many times, decorating each home was a joy for me. I was shopping for a wreath for my front door and was amazed at the prices and quality of what I saw. A lightbulb went off:  I can do this for cheaper and better.  I found an online group and mentor who teaches not only design but how to market your products as well. So for this latest business venture it’s only been six months and I hope someday to share my design knowledge with others, until then I hope they enjoy my wreaths.
I am inspired to create because of the stress relief it provides me. I go to my design room, and from there my mind goes into high gear thinking of the many things I’ve experienced as we've travelled around the country and how to incorporate them into a design.

Please feel free to visit my Etsy webpage,www.wreathvinedesignsllc.etsy.com, and/or regular webpage :www.wreathvinedesignsllc.com.

Meet Rhonda Griffin and Christy Legue from Lippy Lip Balm...
Rhonda and Christy have been friends since our sons were in Kindergarten. Now we have seniors this fall. Rhonda is a beekeeper in Centerburg Ohio. When she started harvesting the honey she realized that she had beeswax too. We chatted about a craft/hobby we could make together and came up with lip balm. Christy enjoys making the creative names for the lip balm flavors. 
We've been doing our craft for roughly 5 years. Started out as a hobby to gift to family and friends. Now we love to make new flavors and share them with others at craft fairs. This will be our second Avant-Garde Show!

What inspires us.. All the unique flavors and intriguing and love brainstorming clever flavor names. 

How we discovered our talent..  We didn't think it was a talent although it was tricky finding just the right recipe for the best lip balm quality. I believe our talent may be picking just the right flavors to suit everyone's liking. 
Our creative process. We order flavor oils based on what season is coming up and which ones are the best sellers. After sniffing we come up with the best lip balm marketing from the look to the names. 

Our five year goal.. We would hope that we are able to continue to sell out of what we make in a reasonable time. It would be great if we could have enough success to support our families doing this!

The message behind our work.. Best friends making lip balm to share with the world. 

Meet Neera Sharma from Neera's Fine Art and Creations...
My name is Neera Sharma, I am an author of a cookbook, an artist making fine art, a designer hand painting silk and chiffon scarves and making homemade Indian spices. This will be my third Avant-Garde show!
I have been making art since I was very young. My cook book was published in 2014, I spent 3 years in writing the book because I did everything myself from cooking, writing to layout, taking food pictures, editing them, front-back cover and promoting it. Painting scarves started in 2015 when I first made them for my daughters as Christmas gifts. 

My inspiration come from nature. I got into my craft because I have several artists in my family. I feel that art is so beautiful that I love to create. I discovered my talent at a very young age when I was in school, I did a centerpiece artwork for an exhibition.
My five year goal is that my artwork, scarves and cookbook will be known and sell in US and internationally! 

The message behind my work is to be honest to yourself, your work, connect with people who like your work and bring them together through your work; whether through art, and design or cooking!
2017 Columbus Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday September 11, 2017 - 10:00am-4:00pm
Makoy Event Center
5461 Center St.
Hilliard, OH 
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment