Friday, September 2, 2016

Meet the Columbus Crafters!

Meet Connie Adams from Watercolors by Constance...
Hi everyone! My name is Connie Adams and I have four acres of land in Perry, where I have a number of furry friends, including a poodle! I went to Mentor High School, where I spent most of my time in the art room. I raised a wonderful son and then started painting again! For the past seven years I have been teaching watercolor and next month I will start teaching acrylic also.
 This will be my first Avant-Garde show! I am inspired hugely by the great outdoors. All I have to do is walk outside and I see all of these wonders around me, from my furry friends, to the trees and old barns, to the clouds in the sky. 
To me, painting is an adventure, you know the direction you're going, but things usually change blog the way, so you never know where the journey will take you. I would like to think that my work would help bring the beauty of the outdoors into people's homes. 

Meet Vicki Wike from Vicki's Creative Cones...
Hi! I'm Vicki and I have been married for 39 years and have three children and two grandchildren. I also have three dogs and six cats! Some of the cats found us and some are from rescues! 
 I have been making dips for the last six years, but this will be my first Avant-Garde show! I always liked to do different things, and I started by making my own baskets. I discovered my talent when I made hot chocolate cones and everyone at work loved them!
The message behind my work is that you can make a great product, without charging a lot. Plus, all of my products are all natural and additive free. In five years I hope that I'll continue working craft shows and having fun with my business!

Meet Barbara Hubert from Eagle Wings Art...
Hi everyone! I'm Barbara and I got into watercolor after I retired from being a CatScan Tech! I was lost once I retired, I was looking for a purpose and hobby, so I decided to try watercolor! Three years later, I now have over 200 original watercolor paintings, plus prints of my paintings! This will be my third Avant-Garde show!
 I love painting, using different mediums, such as leaves, salt, saran wrap, and anything else to make my paintings different and unique! I am inspired by nature all around me! I can see a scene as I drive along somewhere and I want to paint it! 

I'm putting a lot of work and effort into building my business, as I feel this is one of my purposes and gifts God has given me. 40% of my profits go to help The Cleveland Pregnancy Center or the Bible League International. I very much enjoy being able to give back!

Meet Maggie Dean from Dean's Cabin Crafters...
Hi! I'm Maggie and am originally from West Virginia, but relocated in my youth to Northeast Ohio. My great grandfather owned a saw mill and was a well-known carpenter. He built a wood barn in the early 1800s that has been passed down through the men in the family. My grandfather supported his family during the depression with rugs made on the loom. My father created many a rug, and now, I am carrying on the tradition. 
I have helped my father and grandfather with the loom over my lifetime. However, I only picked up the hobby seriously since my father passed away and I near retirement. This will be my first Avant-Garde show.
I started weaving rugs for the family tradition, but now, I like seeing how different materials will turn out together. Each one is unique and has its own personality. The message behind my work involves family values, ecology, and beauty. 

2016 Columbus Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 10:00am-4:00pm
St. Agatha's Parish Hall
1860 Northam Rd
Columbus, OH 43221
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN



No comments:

Post a Comment